May 25, 2009

Kale Chips

Kale chips are one of my favorite snacks. Crunchy, cheesy and getting my greens all at once? What's not to like? My mom made a ton of these for the weekend of my graduation. I was delighted.

Soaking time: 1 hour
Time to create: 20 minutes
Dehydrator time: 6 hours


  • 1 head of Kale
  • 1 Lemon, juice
  • 1 red or yellow pepper
  • 1/2 T Sea salt
  • 1 cup Cashews
  • Seasonings such as Garlic Basil or Rosemary

  1. After soaking the cashews in filtered water for 1 hour and then strain.
  2. Slice the Pepper and then cut the Kale into 3 pieces per leaf.
  3. Blend the cashews, juice of the lemon, pepper slices, sea salt and seasoning on medium until creamy.
  4. Dip the Kale pieces in the mixture and use a brush or your clean fingers to cover both sides.
  5. Place on texflex trays and dehydrate at 105 for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment