July 16, 2008

My Typical Raw Shopping List

I thought it might be helpful for some to see what a raw foodist may buy on a typical shopping trip. I buy other fruits and vegetables depending on what is in season and what I am planning to make.
  • 6 Tomatoes
  • 6 Avocados
  • 4 Lemons
  • 4 Apples
  • 8 Oranges
  • 3 Cantelopes
  • 1 lb. Carrots
  • 1 container Spinach
  • Kale
  • 2 Cucumbers
  • 1 bag broccoli
  • Head of Romaine lettuce
  • Ginger root
  • Garlic
  • 3 cups Almonds
  • 2 cups Sunflower seeds
  • 2 cups Cashews
  • 2 cups Flaxseeds

Replenish when needed:

  • Agave
  • Coconut butter
  • Kelp powder
  • Sprouted bread
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea salt
  • Nama Shoyu
  • Cocoa powder
  • Stevia
  • Lecithin

Note: I share some of this food with my partner as he eats raw food too.

No comments:

Post a Comment